The past year was filled with news. Read about new developments in wireless LAN standards, VoIP implementations, Cisco certifications, and more.
1. Networking Decisions notebook: IBM's case for VoIP
When it comes to voice over IP, IBM hears the winds of change.
2. Data recovery guru offers 5 backup tips
Read best practices for backing up your enterprise data and a real-life example of one very sorry company that failed to heed this advice.
3. New 802.11g wireless standard upstaging 802.11a
The 802.11g standard is garnering praise as products based on it begin to hit the market, while the future of 802.11a may not be as bright as it once appeared.
4. Cisco makes CCNA program more accessible
Cisco created a two-test system for its Cisco Certified Network Associate program. The move makes the process easier for entry-level participants, while maintaining the quality of the certification.
5. As NetWare falters, Novell pins hopes on Linux
Novell's NetWare operating system isn't the dominant force it once was, but industry observers believe Novell's Ximian buy could spark its comeback.