Are You a real Know-IT-All? This week we challenge you to find out. We've provided ten hints for the ten most popular IT terms in our glossary. How many can you guess without peeking?
1. This is a technology for bringing high-bandwidth information to homes and small businesses over ordinary copper telephone lines.
2. In a small geographic area, this is typically a group of computers and associated devices that share communications and the resources of a single processor or server.
3. This is the basic protocol of the Internet.
4. This device forwards data packets along networks.
5. Specified by IEEE 802.3, this is the most commonly installed technology for LANs.
6. This is the special set of rules that end points in a telecommunication connection use when they communicate.
7. This enables people to use the Internet as the transmission medium for telephone calls.
8. Generally speaking this means how much information can be carried in a given time period (usually a second) over a wired or wireless communications link.
9. This acts as an entrance to another network.
10. This provides remote offices or individual users with secure access to their organization's network.
How many did you get without peeking?