Cisco Information Security Specialist (CISS) is an entry-level certification attesting that the holder has demonstrated the foundational knowledge and skills required to install and support a Cisco Self-Defending Network (SDN). CISS certification is awarded after the individual has achieved Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and passed the SND (Securing Cisco Network Devices) Exam. Information Security Specialist Certification holders are also certified as having met the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) 4011 federal security certification and training standards mandated by the U.S. National Security Association (NSA).
Skills validated in the new specialist certification include:
- Implementing basic authentication, authorization and accounting
- Cisco Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Protection System sensors
- Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators
- Employing access control lists to avert router, network, and common Layer 2 attacks.
Cisco also offers security certification at the professional level: Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) and the expert level: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).Content Continues Below
Continue Reading About Cisco Information Security Specialist (CISS)
- On SearchNetworking.com, Amanda Mitchell describes Cisco's Information Security Specialist Certification.