Problem solve Get help with specific problems with your technologies, process and projects.

Would you tell me how to connect a di-624 with a di-704? Should I use a crossover or straight throu

I have a di-704 router that acts as a hub to connect my two desktop PCs together. Recently I bought a wireless di-624 router. My three laptops are connected using it. I would like to have the laptops talk to the desktops, so I need connect the routers together. I have no idea how to do it. I tried to use a straight-through cable to make the connection but failed. Would you tell me how to connect a di-624 with a di-704?
You should use a crossover cable for connecting routers directly. You can use straight cables but would need a switch or hub to connect these.
This was last published in February 2004

Dig Deeper on Network Hardware

Have a question for an expert?

Please add a title for your question

Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.

You will be able to add details on the next page.

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Please create a username to comment.