I have a problem in gathering the performance results for an application. The application is a web-based application that communicates to Web server, application server, middleware and then to the mainframe systems. I want to measure the tier-wise (i.e. Web tier, app. Tier, etc.) performance results. Is it possible? If so what tool I could use. Your suggestions will be of great help. Thanks
Unfortunately, this ends up being a bit of an empty answer for lack of information. But this might be helpful for those trying to answer this same question for themselves.
There isn't any one tool/solution that will fit all needs. There are too many variables. So to know which one fits for you, I would have to know the following:
- Are you looking for shareware or commercial grade systems? In other words, how much are you willing to pay?
- Are you using industry standard systems like WebLogic for middle tier or open source systems like Tomcat?
- What other technologies are you running? JSP or ASP? mySQL or Oracle?
- Are your services running on Windows or Linux?
- Are you running fully redundant with failover on multiple servers? Or a single server?
Dig Deeper on Network application performance
Related Q&A from Loki Jorgenson
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.