Windows administrators endure many headaches related to monitoring and restricting user rights. Here are a few tips for making this task easier.
- How can I prevent a user from erasing the URL history of sites visited?
- Stop clients from creating their own local admin accounts
- How can I limit users to log on to one computer at a time?
- How can I determine if users have updated the latest patches?
- Restricting user rights while running SUS
- How can I prevent users from logging off and leaving devices attached?
Desktop management expert Serdar Yegulalp plies his expertise in Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as publisher of The Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter and writes technology columns and articles for SearchWinSystems.com and other TechTarget sites. Click here to ask Serdar a question.
This tip originally appeared on SearchWinSystems.com.