Do you think you know a lot about wireless networking? Are you interested in taking the Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) exam? Test your knowledge with our 13-question quiz on wireless networking!
1. 802.11 wireless networking uses what method as the media access method?
a. 11 Mbps
b 1 & 2Mbps
c. 5 Mbps
d. 54 Mbps
3. What modulation technique does 802.11b wireless use?
4. 802.11g is downward compatible to what?
5. In the USA, how many channels are available for 802.11b/g wireless networking?
6. When using 802.11b/g, what three channels would have the least interference?
a. 1, 2 & 3
b. 2, 6 & 8
c. 1, 5 & 13
d. 1,6 & 11
e. By putting them all on the same channel, there will be no interference
7. 802.11a runs on what frequency?
8. 802.11i provides what?
a. Quality of service
b. Double the speed
c. Additional security
d. Extensions for Japan
e. Fast Roaming
9. WEP stands for what?
a. Wired equivalency protocol
b. Wired equivalent privacy
c. Wireless encryption protocol
d. Wireless equivalent privacy
10. 802.11i is the same as what?
11. WPA2 uses what, instead of RC4, used by WEP and WPA?
12. 802.11a offers greater speed than 802.11b but offers less what?
13. What device is the wireless equivalent of a wired hub?
This was first published in May 2006