Are you thinking about taking Cisco's CCNA exam (640-801)? Here's a 10-question quiz to let you know whether you're on the right track. (Questions and detailed answers taken from the book CCNA Exam Cram, Second Edition, by Andrew Whitaker and Michael Valentine, Que Certification)
Read Chapter 3 from CCNA Exam Cram 2, Second Edition, "Concepts in IP addressing".
1. Which of the following are commonly used WAN protocols? Choose three.
- Frame Relay
2. Which port numbers are used by well-known protocols that use connectionless transport?
3. You have been asked to create a subnet that supports 16 hosts. What subnet mask should you use?
4. Which of the following correctly summarizes the boot sequence?
- Find IOS, Load IOS, POST, Find config, Load config
- Post, Find IOS, Load IOS, Find config, Load config
- POST, Find config, Load config, Find IOS, Load IOS
- ROMMON, RXBOOT, Load IOS, Load config
5. What is the command to back up your IOS to a TFTP server?
- copy nvram tftp
- copy tftp nvram
- copy tftp flash
- copy flash tftp
6. Which of the following are trunk port models? Choose all that apply.
7. What would be the proper wildcard mask to permit all odd numbered hosts on the 10.48.0.0/12 network?
- access-list 1 permit 10.48.0.0 0.15.255.255
- access-list 1 permit 10.48.0.1 0.15.255.254
- access-list 1 permit 10.48.0.0 0.15.255.1
- access-list 1 permit 10.48.0.0 0.0.0.254
- access-list 1 permit 10.48.0.0 0.0.0.255
8. You are working in an environment that is running IP, IPX, and AppleTalk. What routing protocol inherently supports all three of these protocols?
- RIP version 1
- RIP version 2
9. Which of the following are components of the LCP phase of PPP? Select all that apply.
10. True or false: Route summarization is mandatory.
How did you score? Send us an e-mail and tell us how you did or what you thought of the quiz.