Over 100 new products to be showcased at COMNET
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
COMNET Conference & Expo will be held January 29 through February 1 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center. Organizers have announced that exhibiting companies will feature more than 100 new products designed to help companies develop or enhance networking and telecommunications infrastructures to meet the evolving needs of customers. More than 400 companies are exhibiting products at the event
Among the product unveilings:
- Motorola will introduce new software that helps network administrators detect intrusions and react quickly.
- Canon USA will display its Canobeam optical wireless laser data transmission system, which connects the "last mile" of high-speed data networks.
- VHB Technologies will introduce one of the world's first content-intelligent network appliances that enables value-added IP services in high-speed networks.
- Rapid5 Networks will show companies how they can more easily convert to next- generation networks and incorporate multi-service gateway functionality and broadband access capabilities.
- Norwood Systems will debut the EnterpriseMobility service platform, an infrastructure solution that enables Bluetooth headsets and base stations to integrate with existing front office and back-office systems, such as PBX, ERP or unified messaging systems.
IP AXESS improves VocalWare IP
IP AXESS which provides voice and data communications over a single line to remote office workers, announced that its flagship product, VocalWare IP, has received certification for frame-relay and asynchronous-transfer-mode (ATM) communications and that it has started tests of its new Windows 2000 compatibility. Broadwing IT Consulting configured a network to test VocalWare's Internet protocol (IP) frame-relay and ATM connections. The test, which took place during midday over a connection from Broadwing's Reston, Virg. branch to an IP AXESS office in Texas, used Cisco routers over a SONET (Synchronous Optical Network) network using packet-switched as well as cell-switched architecture. The results included voice quality scores that equal or exceed digital cellular voice quality.
ViewGate joins Micromuse Developers Alliance
Micromuse Inc., provider of fault management and service assurance software, announced that ViewGate Networks, which produces Internet Protocol (IP) service and quality management software, has joined the Micromuse Developers Alliance program. As a member of the alliance, ViewGate's carrier-class Inteligo Service Delivery Solution will become Netcool-ready. Inteligo has the capability to track and measure in realtime IP-Virtual Private Network (VPN) and service performance, and provide detailed "soft" performance affecting metrics such as availability, delay, throughput, and jitter for time-sensitive traffic, without using probes or devices.
Indexonly partners with E-Net Interactive to offer VoIP services on business directory Indexonly Technologies, Inc. announced they have signed a letter of intent with E-Net Interactive Inc. to form a strategic partnership offering Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services to all Indexonly advertisers and business directory users. Indexonly has developed a multi-dimensional search process that allows Indexonly users the quickest path to find business information anywhere, anytime. Advertisers will be able to enhance their listings using E-Net products to offer free voice communication to users. A business that elects to purchase VoIP services will have a VoIP icon placed on its listing on the results page of Indexonly's on-line business directory near their business name. A Web user will be able to use their voice enabled computer to talk live and speak directly with the business free of charge from anywhere in the world using VoIP services while still surfing the Net. www.indexonly.com
To include your announcement in Quick Takes, e-mail Jack Pickell, News Editor