Silvia has been in the networking industry since 1990, and became a CNE and CNI in 1992. She began her career as a successful instructor, and has trained hundreds of system engineers. Today she is CEO of Sunny Connection AG in Switzerland and works as a senior consultant and analyst for many mid-size and large sized companies. Her expertise is in Directory Services and Protocol Analysis. She has developed her own courses and seminars in the area of Directory Services, Meta Directories and Protocols (TCP/IP, SLP, and IPv6.) The courses are offered through public classes or as customized trainings at customer sites.
Silvia is the author of successful books like "Novell's Guide to Troubleshooting TCP/IP" (ISBN 0-7645-4562-0), published by Wiley & Sons, "IPv6 Essentials, Second Edition" published by O'Reilly (ISBN 0-5961-0058-2) and "SLP -- Guide to Service Location Protocol," published by Podbooks (ISBN 1-893939-359). "IPv6 Essentials" has been translated to Japanese and Chinese. You can find information on all of Silvia Hagen's publications here. Through her work for the IPv6 book she has been in touch with many of the developers and early adopters of IPv6. She is also a founding member of the Swiss IPv6 Task Force and co-organized the first IPv6 Summit in Switzerland in April 2003.
As an expert for SearchEnterpriseWAN.com, Silvia Hagen has joined the IT Knowledge Exchange (ITKE), where computer professionals help each other solve real-world IT problems. To get your own IPv6-related questions answered, pose your question under the IPv6 tag on the ITKE or send your questions via email to editor@searchenterpriseWAN.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Silvia Hagen, IPv6 Expert
- IPv6 moving faster than you think
- What's the purpose of IPv6 over Low Power WPAN?
- What is ICMPv6 and how does it work?
- Where is expert Silvia Hagen's most recent IPv6 and IPv4 advice?
- How does IPv6 benefit current and future applications?
- What does node-local mean in IPv6 in terms of multicast scope?
- Does IPv6 abandon TCP/IP fragmentation?
- How do you calculate ROI costs for an IPv6 implementation/migration?
- What is the difference between packet fragmentation in IPv4 and IPv6?
- How to calculate subnet masks in IPv6
- Calculating subnets for IP addresses in IPv6
- IP addressing in IPv6
- How does IPv6 subnetting work in LAN and VLAN network design?
- In IPv4, do private address ranges have a default subnet mask?
- What are recent security developments for MIPv6?
- How to use IPv6 on an IPv4 backbone
- Why are IPv6's IP addresses in hexadecimal formatting?
- Why IPv4 and IPv6 don't do fragment reassembly in routers
- Is time-to-live (TTL) thrown out in IPv6?
- Will IPv6 stop network management complications presented in IPv4?