Ed Tittel is a writer who's contributed to over 130 computer books, plus hundreds to thousands of Web and magazine articles. He is also the technology editor for Certification magazine, serves as editor-in-chief for NetPerformance.com, and writes tips and handles Q&A for numerous TechTarget Web sites. He was series editor for Exam Cram from 1997 until 2005, and is the recipient of the 2004 Networking Professional Association Career Achievement Award. He was also named Runner-up for the "Favorite Study Guide Author" category in the CertCities.com "Readers Choice Awards" from 2002 through 2005.
As the creator of the Exam Cram series, Ed has worked on hundreds of certification-related books on Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, information security and Sun-related topics. From 1996 until 2001, Ed taught in the Certified Webmaster Program at Austin Community College and was a member of the NetWorld+ Interop faculty, where he specialized in Windows-related courses on security and performance topics. Ed is a member of the ACM, the IEEE Computer Society and the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ed Tittel
- Where is Ed Tittel's most recent network training and certification advice?
- Should you take the CCNA or get a degree?
- How do I get a job offer to start my networking career?
- Can you obtain an entry-level networking job with only certifications?
- Network security: Empower users without endangering IT
- What IT job can I apply for with my experience?
- How do I pass my Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exam?
- Should you certify before getting a Masters degree?
- How do I switch from Telecom to Global System for Mobile communication (GSM)?
- Are there non-vendor specific certifications for VoIP?
- How valuable is a CWNA?
- Should I CISSP certify to be well-rounded or specialize in Checkpoint?
- Why do networking professionals earn lower salaries than other IT professionals?
- Are Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certifications good for a networking career?
- Starting a networking career with an associate degree and certifications
- Can I get an IT technician certificate online?
- As a generalist which certification should I get?
- Would a CCNP/CCDP help me enter a network administration career?
- How does any certification expire if a degree never does?
- Is IT a good, safe career choice?