Ask the Expert

Wireless access on the road

I have an IBM 770 ThinkPad laptop I would like to access the Internet on the road. What connections do I need?

    Requires Free Membership to View

You'll need an integrated Wi-Fi card. But before you subscribe to any ISP for wireless Internet access, make sure to check with your provider to see if your laptop integrated WI-FI card is supported. If your integrated card can't be supported, you may have to follow provider specifications. Also let them know the most important places you travel and whether they provide wireless services in those locations.

This was first published in April 2003

There are Comments. Add yours.

TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: