Now that the Windows NT 4.0 exams have retired (as of 2/28/2001, after being extended from 12/31/2000) you have no choice but to pursue the Windows 2000 curriculum going forward. I recommend the following initial sequence of exams:
- 70-210 Windows 2000 Professional
- 70-215 Windows 2000 Server
- 70-216 Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
- 70-217 Windows 2000 Directory Services
- 70-219 Designing Active Directory
- 70-221 Designing Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
- 70-220 Designing Windows 2000 Security
- 70-226 Designing Highly Available Web Solutions
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Dig Deeper on Networking Certs and Careers
Related Q&A from Ed Tittel
A network engineer job description will vary. Primarily, it depends on whether the job focuses on engineering a new network or on running a network ...continue reading
System administrator responsibilities are, fundamentally, about the care and feeding of systems but cover a broad range of possibilities when looking...continue reading
Get the inside scoop on a network manager's job description, workload and responsibilities which keep an organization's network infrastructure ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.