- General, conceptual VoIP training
- Specific, vendor-focused VoIP training that targets specific solutions
Without more information, I don't have much to say about category two, because it would require researching the...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
vendor solution (or solutions) your company or organization uses, then making related recommendations. I'm assuming that given this pointer, you can probably do that for yourself, especially given your number of years of service in the industry -- why, you've got me beat by about 5 or more years!
Where general, conceptual VoIP training is concerned, here are some good sources of information you might find useful:
- VoIP News: VoIP Training Center has pointers and listings of companies that pay to be listed in the publication
- Tom Lancaster also wrote a tip on this subject entitled VoIP Training Redux that describes some useful offerings and search strategies.
- ProsoftTraining, the outfit behind the CIW certification program, also offers a Certification in Convergent Technologies that includes some substantial VoIP coverage. Check it out at here, and pay special attention to their VoIP Essentials course.
- Visit www.gocertify.com and use search "VoIP" for related certifications (note also that most of what turns up in response will be vendor-specific rather than vendor-neutral).
More digging with your favorite search engine should turn up more leads, but I'd also recommend polling what's available at local community colleges, plus graduate and undergraduate programs in your area. Academia is moving into VoIP these days, along with everybody else.
Dig Deeper on Networking Certs and Careers
Related Q&A from Ed Tittel
You don't have to break the bank when it comes to finding resources for managing Windows Server.continue reading
Easier file access across devices and faster Windows 8 startup are among the Windows 8.1 features that could win over Windows 7 users.continue reading
As the Windows 7 end of life arrives, IT admins must find extended support for the OS. Microsoft provides some help, but it won't always be free.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.