I am doing a project on Network Management and Administration. However, I faced some problems... hopefully you...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
can help me with it by answering the questions stated below:
1) What are the key features of VLAN technology?
2) Example(s) of VLAN applications?
3) 1 network management software applications that are compatible with Windows NT/2000 Server and would be appropriate for a small network? Its functions and the network protocol(s) it uses?
1) VLANs, separate single subnets into multiple collision domains.
2) Not sure what you mean. If you take a Lan application that two departments are using you could use a VLAN to separate the traffic between the two departments.
3) You could separate Outlook/Exchange traffic across VLAN?s to help with traffic problems.
Dig Deeper on Network Administration
Related Q&A from Joel Johnson
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.