I am doing a project on Network Management and Administration. However, I faced some problems... hopefully you...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
can help me with it by answering the questions stated below:
1) What are the key features of VLAN technology?
2) Example(s) of VLAN applications?
3) 1 network management software applications that are compatible with Windows NT/2000 Server and would be appropriate for a small network? Its functions and the network protocol(s) it uses?
1) VLANs, separate single subnets into multiple collision domains.
2) Not sure what you mean. If you take a Lan application that two departments are using you could use a VLAN to separate the traffic between the two departments.
3) You could separate Outlook/Exchange traffic across VLAN?s to help with traffic problems.
Dig Deeper on Network Administration
Related Q&A from Joel Johnson
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.