I am doing a project on Network Management and Administration. However, I faced some problems... hopefully you can help me with it by answering the questions stated below:
1) What are the key features of VLAN technology?
2) Example(s) of VLAN applications?
3) 1 network management software applications that are compatible with Windows NT/2000 Server and would be appropriate for a small network? Its functions and the network protocol(s) it uses?
1) VLANs, separate single subnets into multiple collision domains.
2) Not sure what you mean. If you take a Lan application that two departments are using you could use a VLAN to separate the traffic between the two departments.
3) You could separate Outlook/Exchange traffic across VLAN?s to help with traffic problems.
Dig Deeper on Network Administration
Related Q&A from Retired Expert - Joel Johnson
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.