By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Here's the step-by-step guide:
- Set up your VPN
- Verify that the VPN establishes basic IP connectivity between the Terminal Server and the PC client for the Terminal Server. You can do this by pinging the Terminal Server's IP address from the client PC.
- Make sure that the Terminal Server is running the Terminal Server Processes.
- Make sure that the client for Microsoft Terminal Server is installed on the client PC.
- Verify that you have either name resolution to the Microsoft Terminal Server (via DNS or WINS) or know the IP address of the Microsoft Terminal Server. To check for name resolution; simply ping the terminal server's name from the client PC.
- Start the client for Microsoft Terminal Services on the client machine.
- Enter either the name of the server running Microsoft Terminal Services or the IP address.
- Enjoy your Microsoft Terminal Services session.
Dig Deeper on Network Access Control
Related Q&A from Mark Tuomenoksa
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.