Can you please tell me what is the basic functionality of the RAS Modem, how it works and how to configure it in...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
the NT System? Yes, a modem configured in a Remote Access Server provides users dial-up connectivity to your NT network via local or network authentication. To configure your modem and RAS, follow the following steps:
- Right-click on Network icon, select Properties then Services tab
- Add your modem with proper serial port
- Configure modem for dial out only
- Specify your protocol, most likely TCP/IP
- In Protocol tab, go to Properties on TCP/IP
- Provide DNS information and click on OK
- In User Manager select the user, go to properties/profile enable for RAS dial-in.
Hope this provided the information you needed.
Dig Deeper on Network Hardware
Related Q&A from Luis Medina
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.