Can you please tell me what is the basic functionality of the RAS Modem, how it works and how to configure it in the NT System?
Yes, a modem configured in a Remote Access Server provides users dial-up connectivity to your NT network via local or network authentication. To configure your modem and RAS, follow the following steps:
- Right-click on Network icon, select Properties then Services tab
- Add your modem with proper serial port
- Configure modem for dial out only
- Specify your protocol, most likely TCP/IP
- In Protocol tab, go to Properties on TCP/IP
- Provide DNS information and click on OK
- In User Manager select the user, go to properties/profile enable for RAS dial-in.
Hope this provided the information you needed.
Dig Deeper on Network Hardware
Related Q&A from Retired Expert - Luis Medina
Why is it considered to be problematic to send digital data over the PSTN and how are these problems
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.