Enable IPsec server on the Win2K server.
- Enable the IPsec client on the executive's client PC.
- If the NT4 server is running Internet connection sharing and firewall, you will need to configure it to forward IPsec requests to the Win2K server.
- Set up the connectivity parameters between the PC client and the Win2K server.
- Set up the client PC to use the NT server's public IP address as the address of the IPsec server.
- Use shared secrets for authentication.
- Register the client with the IPsec server.
- Make sure that you enable UDP encapsulation of the IPsec packets so that ICS doesn't break the IPsec connection.
- Ping the outside address of the NT server from the client PC to make sure you have basic connectivity.
- Startup the IPSec client and establish connectivity through the NT server to the Win2K server.
This was first published in December 2002