Ask the Expert

Can't map a drive - what port should I open?

Using forwarding options on my LinkSys router I am able to access the Web, FTP and copy files. But I also need to map a drive from the remote computer but so far I have been unable to do this.

    Requires Free Membership to View

net use S =

What port should I open in my router?
You have to open port for NetBIOS – 137, 138, 139.

This was first published in July 2003

There are Comments. Add yours.

TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: